Overhead line fault detection - Sentinel
Directional and Amperemetric Fault Detectors for medium voltage overhead networks.
Installed on line support poles, the SENTINEL Fault Detector range can locate faults on the overhead MV network, including single phase grounded faults and multiple phase fugitive and ongoing faults.
These detectors quickly identify faulty network sections by providing information about ongoing faults and a count of all events that have occurred.
Available in a Directional or Amperemetric version depending on the grounding of the neutral conductor (impedance, compensated, direct, etc.) and a self-powered version with photovoltaic panels.
Each detector has :
- A two-colour indicator for signalling ongoing faults
- Relay outputs for signalling fugitive and ongoing faults or a failure of the detector itself
- Magnetic and electric field sensors, internal to the housing
- Depending on the version: a display showing the number and type of detected faults
- Depending on the version: a radio remote control for consulting and configuring the detector remotely
- Less time required for locating faulty network sections thanks to the presence of indicator lights showing the fault
- Avoids detecting defects by successive resets, which tend to lessen the lifetime of network equipment (stress due to faulty resets)
- Complete range adapting to all neutral states and all voltage levels
- Optional remote control for configuring and viewing the detector remotely (convenient when the installation height does not allow for easy accessibility)
- Low flow communication option Sigfox and LoraWan
- Public distribution network
- Private substations